GT Couriers are looking for a further addition to join our hardworking team of drivers. Working from our West Hallam, DE7 site the successful candidate will be able to carry out instruction from start to job finish, collecting and delivering our clients deliveries, whilst representing them in a professional manner. Start times and finish times vary according to our clients needs, you must have a flexible approach to work.
You’ll be reliable and a good communicator. You will already possess a digital tachograph card and will have your driver CPC modules in place. Experience is preferred with a good knowledge of the Sameday & Haulage industry. You must have a good understanding of EU Drivers Hours Regulations (561/2006) and the Road Transport working Regulations 2005.
Overtime paid after 40 hrs at time and a half.
Potential earnings £17,680- £25,000 + per annum
There can be the occasional night out involved in this work.
Other benefits – Pension Scheme , Cycle to Work Scheme
All necessary training is provided
Full uniform provided
About the Role:
To provide an exceptional delivery service to our clients by executing the best possible delivery plan.
Delivers items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and cleaning a vehicle; developing sales; maintaining records.
- Load vehicle by ordering, placing, and securing items.
- Deliver items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the vehicle; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
- Maintain safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organisation operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; clean vehicle exterior and interior.
- Maintain delivery, vehicle, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; complete driver log and vehicle performance forms.
- Update job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Enhance organisation’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Data Entry Skills, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Deadline-Oriented, Travel, Acute Vision, Lifting, , Dependability
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to [email protected] with ‘7.5t Delivery Driver’ in the subject header.