GT Couriers is committed to providing our clients with the best possible service at all times.
The recent events surrounding coronavirus will no doubt put pressure on our resources, with the need to balance our clients’ expectations whilst also protecting our staff and the wider public from the spread of the virus.
We will endeavour to fulfil our obligations and promises but – like everyone – may be subject to government-imposed restrictions as well as staff sickness and isolations.
We have a duty of care to our staff, customers and the general public and will always make this a priority, whilst meeting all needs to the best of our ability within guidelines.
With this in mind:
Anyone suffering from a high temperature or a new continuous cough should not visit GT Couriers at this stage and should reschedule any booked appointments.
Anyone who has travelled to or from any of the following countries in the past 14 days, will not be able to gain access to GT Couriers until we receive clearance or government approval: Cambodia, China, Iran, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Tenerife (only the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel), Thailand, Vietnam. Advice is in place on Government websites for what to do if you have returned in the last 14 days from these specified countries or areas.
Business as usual
We are following government advice and updates as well as implementing our own procedures with a common-sense approach.
We, if required to do so, are able to operate aspects of the business working remotely, but will remain operational from our Derby depot rotating minimum staff to suit our business needs.
- We have restricted access to our site (non-essential personnel)
- Business meetings will be reduced, rescheduled or held by conference call
- Essential visitors and staff have access to handwashing facilities as well as antibacterial products and hand sanitisers
- Drivers have been issued personal/vehicle sanitising products and disposable gloves, together with instructions on avoiding contact with social distancing measures
- We will adopt our Clients “on-site” restrictions
Amended procedures will be issued as and when.