GT Couriers are experts in the transport and delivery of medical and pharmaceutical goods, including clinical pathology samples and controlled drugs.
We have been carrying out clinical pathology deliveries for almost 20 years, and all our experienced drivers are trained to safely carry UN3373 Category B samples. Samples are moved in approved transport containers to ensure the required temperature and security is maintained. In the unlikely event of spillage, they also carry the necessary kit to enable correct handling and disposal of samples.
We also provide safe and secure transportation for all your controlled drugs, or CDs, needs. We operate in accordance with Home Office guidelines for the safe custody of controlled drugs in transit.
We ensure all of our delivery drivers operate with full compliance when transporting CDs. All of our controlled drugs delivery drivers are:
- GT employed, uniformed and carry company and government identification
- Security checked and DBS certified
- Security trained to “Cargo Operative” standard
- Hazardous aware trained
- In mobile communication with our Ops office team
- Experienced in pharmaceutical delivery Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
For further peace of mind, CDs are transported in GT secure vehicles that are:
- All late plate with full maintenance schedules in place
- Tracked via live, monitored GPS tracking throughout the delivery
- Fitted with a deadlock on all load compartments and non-access bulkheads
- Fitted with an internal Armorgard secure lockbox
- Feature a forward-facing cab camera
- Feature tamper-proof security seals on load compartment doors at collection
GT operates a robust delivery procedure. You will receive an email with the name of the driver and vehicle registration prior to arrival, as well as be supplied with a copy of the security seal for your records. This can then be matched at the delivery point to confirm the load has not been tampered with.
We only deliver CDs to prearranged named recipients and ID will be required upon delivery. Drivers have an emergency action plan to work to in the event of vehicle breakdown, a road traffic accident or any situation where the security of the load is compromised. If required, we are able to double man vehicles, provide an escort vehicle to shadow deliveries to your destination or apply bespoke measures in line with your own requirements.
Looking for a courier you can trust with transporting your next delivery of medical and pharmaceutical goods safely and securely? Give our dedicated ops team a call on 01159 300868, or alternatively email us at [email protected] to discuss your requirements.